From the publisher
LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED HARDCOVER
Packed into Australian Trams; Through the Ages is the story of the tram system in every city and country town from the earliest horse drawn line in 1861 (from Sydney’s Circular Quay to Redfern Railway Station), through to the present day lines operating in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. Some of the later lines, more often referred to as light rail and monorails, are also described, including the latest systems being built on the Gold Coast and Sydney.
Some of the highlights of the new Australian Trams book include;
- many contemporary media descriptions of the trams and tram operators at various periods of their active patronage,
- dozens of colour maps of the tram lines, spanning from the first lines to the final lines in use,
- statistics of annual passengers carried, miles travelled, total earnings and lengths of the lines,
- what life was like working on the trams,
- an article on ‘Jumping from Trams is a Source of Danger’
the fare costs,
- tram advertisements and
For single issues please allow up to 2-5 weeks for your first delivery.
Be the first person to tell us what you think about Australian Trams through the Ages and you'll save $5 on your next purchase!ADD A REVIEW
To view other titles by this publisher Click here