1. delicious Editor-in-Chief Kerrie McCallum says go big with bubbles “A bottle of champagne always makes a brilliant gift, and is sure to delight on Christmas Day. Rather than go to one of the more well-known champagne houses why not try an interesting new Champagne being imported to Australia via the original biodynamic winery in France, Le Clerc? Unique, a talking point, and retails at $80 so makes the ultimate gift with a great story.”
2. Donna Hay recommends beautiful handmade crockery they will LOVE “I'm always looking for beautiful gift ideas, and I just love these minimalist stamped ceramic cups which are available from our website. Handcrafted in Sydney, they have a gentle dimple in the side that's just the right size for a thumb and come with either 'Love', 'Cherish' or 'Dream' stamped in the cutest lettering on the side. This Christmas I'm pairing them with some organic coffee beans, then homemade chocolate truffles or a chunk of rocky road, for a sweet little present.”
3. Taste.com.au Editor-in-Chief Brodee Myers-Cooke suggests you mix it up “The KitchenAid stand mixer is a must-have for a budding chef, and the downsized version of this iconic gadget is proof that good things do come in small packages. The new KitchenAid Artisan Mini ($799) is 25% lighter and 20% smaller than the original, perfect for those struggling with tiny kitchens. But don’t let its small stature fool you - the Artisan Mini still punches above its weight with the same power and variable speed control as the original mixer. Get it from David Jones and Myer.”
4. Gourmet Traveller WINE Editor Judy Sarris champions a taste of the good life “A bottle or two from our list of top-rated vintage champagnes or perhaps one of the Best Wines of 2016 as decreed by Australia’s panel of independent wine experts wouldn’t go amiss. But what excites the grape obsessive most is a thrilling and memorable Wine Experience. Imagine being guided through more than a dozen exquisite wines by a leading wine expert, whilst dining on dishes created by a top chef to match every drop at an up and coming GT WINE Event. Now that’s a gift they’ll remember.”
5. Diabetic Living Editor Toni Eatts huddled with her team and they decided with so many great ideas for healthy food gifts, a bespoke hamper of them is the trick! "Find a woven basket or box of your choice and add, a bottle of Cobran Estate Reserve Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil $19.99, or the five Cobram Estate Infusion oils, $5.50 per bottle; some Bredbo Black Garlic – rich in antioxidants and enhances pasta and Asian dishes, $20 for 50g jar; Curry Traders Gourmet Bangladesh Prawn or Beef Vindaloo kits, $9.95 each; Cocolo Dark Almond, Dark Orange or Mint Crisp chocolate, starting at $5.50 per 100g; Or for a couple of simpler, healthy hampers ideas a box of mixed stone fruit or juicy cherries, or pots of fresh summer herbs, including basil, coriander and mint."
Such unique and handy ideas, it might not be a bad idea to subscribe to one of these fabulous titles and discover more every month!